August 21, 2011

First Day of School Dress


If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you may have heard me mention a little something about my very first sewing project (with a machine, that is). I’m still pretty excited about it and can’t believe I made it (well, my mom helped… a lot!) with my own hands! It was also such a great experience to learn how to use the sewing machine and share that time with my mom, doing something that she has a passion for as well. I wore the dress for the first time last week on my first day of school. I have decided that I now need 6 more, in various colors of course, so that I can wear one each day of the week. It is just that fantastic.


1. Patterns, 2. Fabric, 3. Sewing, 4. Deciding the hem length, 5. Final touches, 6. The first day of school!
I'm already looking forward to my next sewing project!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment