March 06, 2011

Spring Break

via weheartit


Spring break has finally arrived. I flew into Indiana late on Friday evening after a morning of classes and an afternoon spent with some of my dearest friends.

It is so nice to be home. When I am here (over breaks), I feel like I can really re-energize and recapture the things that may get pushed aside while I’m caught up in the chaos of school. It’s a nice breather.

This is the first time I’ve seen my dad since his heart surgery at the end of January. It’s still an emotional thing for me, thinking of my dad going through what he went through and catching glimpses of the little machine he has to sleep with next to my parent’s bed. All in all, my dad hasn’t felt as well as he is now in years. The surgery was a huge blessing, and for that, I am so thankful.

Yesterday my mom, sister and I spent the afternoon at my aunt and uncle’s house for a little party she was throwing. Then we went to the bookstore, and made our way home for dinner. It was a very nice, low-key day. Today has been a supremely lazy day for me, since I woke up feeling a little sick. Tonight we are having a small family get-together, which I am really looking forward to. My mom and dad have a lot of little activities and places for all of us to go, planned out for while I’m here. They’re adorable :)

I hope you’re having a fantastic weekend as well!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kali. This is Drew from Showbread. I saw you at our Greenville show and wanted to say hi but didn't get the chance to. I'm on a Facebook hiatus right now and my friend Vanessa told me about your blog so I thought I would say hello! Since I'm not social networking right now maybe we could be friends the old fashioned way through email? Hope you're doing well!

    drew@showbread.net

    ReplyDelete