May 26, 2011

Exploration of Meal Planning



The house is feeling much more settled in and feeling a little more like home (as much as living on the university campus can feel like home) for the summer. Over the summer we do not have a meal plan, (but we do have a huge kitchen!) so my friends and housemates, Blair and Hanna and I have been making meal plans for the week so that we are sure to have food in our bellies and money left in our pockets throughout the summer.
I want to continue to be mindful of what I am putting into my body. Personally, I need to make sure that I am incorporating enough protein and iron, as well as all the other necessary vitamins and minerals from my diet alone. I've been browsing the internet for recipes, suggestions, and the like. Dorm-living, vegan friendly, and most of all - simple recipes, are key.
Burrito bowl: brown rice, black beans, tomato, avocado, broccoli

Salad with strawberries, apples, carrots, and raspberry vinaigrette

This actually turned out to be, dare I say it...fun? I believe I repeated, "We are so grown up!!!" to Blair tens of thousands of times between the process of writing out the grocery list to putting the groceries away in the kitchen. She is such a patient friend.

Here is a short list of various blogs and websites that I found especially informative as well as some recipes that I'm excited to try:

The Daily Green
MyVega
Going Vegan
Peas & Thank You
Overnight Oats

No comments:

Post a Comment